The average price of Chihuahua puppies taken from professional breeders ranges from $500 to $1,500. However, these costs are subject to change considering factors such as breeder location and reputation. A more expensive breed is the very tiny Teacup Chihuahua, which costs about $2,000.
- 1 How much is a Chihuahua puppy worth?
- 2 How much do puppies sell for?
- 3 When can you sell a Chihuahua puppy?
- 4 How much is a small puppy worth?
- 5 What is the cheapest price for a Chihuahua?
- 6 What is the rarest color Chihuahua?
- 7 What do puppies need before selling?
- 8 What is the cheapest puppy?
- 9 What age is best to sell puppies?
- 10 How much is a Chihuahua with papers?
- 11 Why are Chihuahuas so expensive?
- 12 Is it illegal to sell puppies?
- 13 How much is a Chihuahua?
- 14 What is the cheapest dog to own?
- 15 What is the cheapest small dog breed?
How much is a Chihuahua puppy worth?
Chihuahuas are pretty popular, so it isn’t difficult to find breeders that specialize in them. In general, the average professional breeder sells their puppies for about $800. Specialized puppies, like “teacup” Chihuahuas, usually cost extra. You can typically find puppies in most areas for around $375 – $2,420.
How much do puppies sell for?
Depending on breed, the purchase price of a dog could range anywhere from $200 for a rescue pet, to $3000 for what is considered a ‘designer breed’ e.g. French bulldog. Breeds such as these are much sought after and breeders are able to charge a higher price for that reason.
When can you sell a Chihuahua puppy?
It depends on what the new home has to offer. At 6 weeks a pup can change homes if the new owner is prepared to spend all day home and to get up several times in the night to take puppy out.
How much is a small puppy worth?
For a puppy, and especially a purebred puppy, that cost may be anywhere from $200 to $500. Of course, you know the fees you pay go to a good cause. Plus, there is no stressful haggling. Microchipping and spay/neuter are typically included, as well as all required vaccinations.
What is the cheapest price for a Chihuahua?
Chihuahua puppies from reputable breeders usually cost around $500 to $1,500. But the tiny teacup version of Chihuahua can cost up to $2,000 due to its desirable cute looking appearance.
What is the rarest color Chihuahua?
White is, arguably, the rarest color of Chihuahua around. An albino Chihuahua isn’t the same thing as a white one, but both are the result of a lack of pigmentation. The white Chihuahua lack melanocytes, which give the coat its pigmentation, but retain the eumelanin needed to give them black eyes, noses, and paws.
What do puppies need before selling?
Be able to afford to pay for that veterinary care. Be willing to provide high quality food and fresh water at all times. Understand the grooming needs of the particular breed. Be willing to have the pup spayed or neutered unless the pup is sold with breeding permission.
What is the cheapest puppy?
6 of the Least Expensive Dog Breeds to Own
- American Foxhound. While there are also English Foxhounds which are said to run about $100 or so for a puppy, we’re going with the American because we can.
- Black and Tan Coonhound.
- Rat Terrier.
- Miniature Pinscher.
- Golden Retriever.
What age is best to sell puppies?
However, most veterinarians and breeders would put the optimum age to bring home a puppy somewhere between 8-to-10 weeks old.
How much is a Chihuahua with papers?
On average, the price of Chihuahuas can vary anywhere from $100 for an older dog with no papers to as much as $1,300+; however, if you were to adopt a puppy from a reputable breeder, then it’s best to budget about $450 to $1,300, with females costing a few hundred more than males.
Why are Chihuahuas so expensive?
Chihuahuas offer their owners loyalty and affection, but at a steep price. Chihuahuas are some of the most expensive dogs people can buy. The maintenance costs associated with Chihuahuas are also higher than average.
Is it illegal to sell puppies?
About fifteen of the twenty-eight states make it unlawful for any person to sell an underage puppy. States like Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania include adoption or any transfer of an underage puppy within their laws. The penalties for violation of these provisions vary.
How much is a Chihuahua?
Usually, the average price of a Chihuahua puppy from a reputable breeder is between $800 and $2,500, while a top-quality Chihuahua puppy can cost as high as $3,500 and upward. Their price depends upon the pup’s age, sex, quality, pedigree, and breeder’s location.
What is the cheapest dog to own?
Cheap Dogs: Top 10 Budget-Friendly Pooches
- Greyhound. These super-sleek dogs are low on grooming needs, according to the National Greyhound Adoption Program (NGAP).
- Bull Terriers.
- Bichon Frise.
What is the cheapest small dog breed?
25 Most Affordable Low-Cost Dog Breeds
- Mutt. Mutts are mixed breed dogs.
- Puggle. The Puggle is a relatively new breed made from crossing a beagle and a pug.
- Beagle. Beagles are short hair dogs with minimal grooming needs.
- American Hairless Terrier.
- Chinese Crested Hairless.
- 8. Rat Terrier.